Auto Accident Rights & Responsibilities -Insurance
Reporting The Claim
- As soon as practical, you should call your insurance company and report the accident. You should do this regardless of who was at fault.
- An agent will likely ask you about what happened, damages to the vehicles and personal injuries.
- As part of your insurance contract, you have a duty to cooperate with your insurance company. If you do not cooperate with reasonable demands of your insurance company, you risk denial of coverage.
- You have no duty or obligation, however, to speak to the other driver’s insurance company.
- The other party’s insurance agent may ask you to give a recorded statement. You should not agree to do this without first speaking to an attorney.